Benvenuto, Ospite
Nome utente: Password: Ricordami
  • Pagina:

ARGOMENTO: Original colour?

Original colour? 3 Anni 6 Mesi fa #278181

• FlyingFinn
  • Avatar di FlyingFinn Autore della discussione
  • Ringraziamenti ricevuti 6
I'm trying to find out the original colour of my -63 500D. The number plate under the hood is missing so no help there.

It is clear thet the car has been painted many times but I managed to find three different colours on the top of bare metal: The dashboard seems to be white, on the floor is some green overspray which could be "Verde Oasi" and in engine bay some side panels are grey. The original interior is green. I think all these colours are possible for this car and year and all these have been possible to order with green interior.

Does somebody know how these cars are painted in the factory? Could it be possible that the white in the dashboard or the gray in the engine bay are base coat? Or is there originally separate base coat under the top coat at all?

Thank you in advance, any help would be highly appreciated.
Ringraziano per il messaggio: Matteo5

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Ultima modifica: da FlyingFinn.

Original colour? 3 Anni 6 Mesi fa #278186

• Matteo5
  • Ringraziamenti ricevuti 49
Share here some pictures of your car. ;)
Maybe I can tell you more precisely which of the three colors was the original one. :whistle:
Ringraziano per il messaggio: gi.ma

Original colour? 3 Anni 6 Mesi fa #278443

• Armando64
  • Assente
  • Ringraziamenti ricevuti 9
I'm dealing with the same matter...
You have to know precisely the date of production and the first registration. Some colours are just for some periods, some just for the foreign market and some for the entire period. You have to look into the search section and look after. There is also a book written by Mr. Bo, responsible of the Historical Register of the Fiat 500

Original colour? 3 Anni 6 Mesi fa #278500

• FlyingFinn

Armando64 ha scritto: I'm dealing with the same matter...
You have to know precisely the date of production and the first registration. Some colours are just for some periods, some just for the foreign market and some for the entire period. You have to look into the search section and look after. There is also a book written by Mr. Bo, responsible of the Historical Register of the Fiat 500

Yes I know this. I don't know the exact production date but I know the date for first registration and the car is original Italian model. All the three colors I mentioned are possible for the time of the registration. I guess they have sold these cars a lot in -63 so the production date can not be very far from the registration. I also contacted the Fiat archive in Torino but there is no record of colors or production date based on the VIN number.

The car has been painted over at least three times. Maybe somebody could tell what might be a good place to look for the original color? Also it would be very useful information to know how these cars are painted in the factory. Is there a base coat or only the final paint and is interior or engine bay painted with different color than the exterior?

Original colour? 10 Mesi 3 Settimane fa #341844

• FlyingFinn
I'm lifting up this old topic. It would be really useful to know how the cars were painted in the factory. I mean is there a separate base coat used or not? Does somebody here know this? I'm pretty sure my car has been grey if there is not any base coat. If the base coat was used then I think it must be this grey paint.

I'm pretty sure somebody here has painted their car and sanded it to bare metal so they should at least know is there a different colour (base coat, maybe grey) under the top paint.

• Pagina:
Moderatori: meurywilliamscb73
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.081 secondi

popup 2020

Scopri di più..

RICORDA DI RINNOVARE LA TUA ISCRIZIONE AL CLUB!